ICT Training :: Friday 4th October
Welcome to the ICT training newsletter, Friday 5th October.
- Here’s 11 cutting edge online courses that you can take part in – including: solar energy; Science and cooking’ introduction to global sociology and Cryptography
- Here’s 18 useful facts about the human body, including how the human eye muscle moves an average of 100,000 times a day
- Now, next, later. A lovely and simple weather app
- The 30 bext photo apps. Some paid, some free, most very promising looking
- The top 100 tools for learning….the 2013 edition has been released and is well worth a look.
- Quite a nice pen….made of magnets
- You might have heard last weekend that the government were changing the league tables to only count the first attempt at GCSEs. There’s been a huge response to this, and the head of The IAA responds strongly against such a decision
- The BBC reports that one in 20 teenage pupils goes to school on a can of energy drink instead of a good breakfast, a survey suggests.
- On top of that, 300 children in primary school were taken to A+E last year as they were drunk
- How to teach critical thinking using Blooms taxonomy
- Pupils are being damaged by endless tests…a group of 200 warn