What’s in a classroom where there is effective differentiation?
A checklist approach that can be used to check for differentiated learning in a classroom…
- Pupils working independently
- Pupils would be working in a variety of different ways.
- The classroom would be organised in an appropriate way for the lesson.
- Pupils may be working on a variety of tasks.
- All the children would be involved and well-motivated.
- Pupils would be on task.
- The teacher would be free to move around the classroom.
- Pupils would be involved in negotiating their work.
- The children would present their outcomes in a variety of ways.
- A variety of assessment techniques would be in use.
- The teacher would adopt a variety of roles.
- Co-operative learning would be taking place.
- Appropriate texts and guides would be in use.
- A range of resources would be in evidence.
- Teachers’ planning and records would be on an individual basis.
Image taken from Wikimedia